Tree Tops is a replacement dwelling in Gloucestershire replacing an old damp cottage. We were instructed by the clients to design and build a low energy, passivhaus, timber frame family home.
Working closely with the clients we were able to design their dream home within a restricted budget but still maintaining the low energy requirements. This project is a fantastic example that building a sustainable and low energy project is not as expensive as one may assume, this project came in at approximately £1000? per square meter for high performance materials that .
The timber frame construction took approximately seven weeks to construct. We then left the clients to continue self building the project to completion with regular site visits to support the development of the project.
– Isoquick insulation foundation with power floated concrete floor finish
– Warmcell cellulose fibre insulation
– High performance triple glazed timber windows supplied by Passiframe
– Air source heat pump and solar thermal water heating supplied and installed by Forest Eco Systems
– Paul ventilation system and ductwork supplied by Green Building Store
– Built to passivhaus standards
– ProClima high performance airtightness tapes and membranes supplied by Passiframe
– First certified passivhaus in the Forest of Dean (pending)